Last updated May 24, 2018
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information (such as email address) that you directly provide to us for the following purposes:
- To send you our email newsletter
- To provide you with access to relevant content and advertisement
- To allow you to log into your personal GetSocialClub.com account
In certain specific cases, we will be contractually obligated to share your data with a third-party advertiser or partner (for example, cocktail competitions, special events or sweepstakes). In these cases, we will make it clear that your data is being shared to the third party. You always have the option to not have your data shared by not taking part in the specific program.
GetSocialClub.com will not share your personal information to any third party without your permission, except to select third parties who help run our website and send our emails. They will only use this information to serve our needs and are prohibited from using it in any other instance. The third parties we use for EU users are Google (website analytics/tracking and optimization), Quantcast (website analytics/tracking), ComScore (website analytics/tracking), SpotIM (comments), SailThru (email), JWPlayer (video player), GetSocial (social sharing and tracking), Facebook (for personalized accounts), AddThis (social sharing and tracking) and Tidal (blog account management). Please email us at [email protected] for an up-to-date list of third parties we use for users outside of the EU.
We use non-personally identifiable information (such as links you click on) for the following purposes:
- To analyze profile or behavioral data to help us improve the content and products we offer you
- To improve our site
- To track usage trends to prepare for traffic load demands
- To efficiently distribute our emails
- To offer you invitations to events and other programs you may be interested in
- To serve personalized ad experiences
- To diagnose problems with our server so you can have an error-free experience
In specific cases, we may aggregate parts of this data and share this information in an anonymous form with our third-party advertisers or partners. This data will not contain any personally identifiable information about you or any other person.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
On our website and in our emails, you will be presented with the opportunity to sign up for newsletters, submit your information to access content and special features, enter contests and sweepstakes, and more.
The type of information collected on those pages generally includes but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Mailing/billing address
- Spirits preference
- Job title
- Company name
- Company address
- Annual income
- Buying preference
- Age / date of birth
We collect information about you automatically when you visit our website or interact with our emails. The type of information collected generally includes but is not limited to:
- Content you visited
- Time spent on page
- Number of pages visited
- How often you visit our site
- Links clicked
- Determining if you found our content from another website
- Your internet protocol (IP) address—it’s usually associated with the place from which you enter the internet, like your internet service provider, your company or your university.
Based on the information you provide to us, we may create or add other information to your profile in the interest of better serving you (for example, providing you with personalized recipe recommendations).
Please note that without cookies you may not be able to fully use all of our features. You can find out more about cookies and how they work here: allaboutcookies.org.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All information described above is stored on nonpublic database servers.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We will store your information indefinitely unless you follow the instructions to delete your data as described below.
HOW TO REQUEST THE INFORMATION WE STORE ABOUT YOU
If you would like to request the information we store about you, please email us at [email protected] with the subject “My Stored Data.”
HOW TO ASK US TO DELETE YOUR DATA
If you would like to unsubscribe from our communications at any time, you may do so in the footer of any of our emails. If you would like us to delete your information entirely, please email us at [email protected] with the subject line “Delete My Data.” Otherwise, by continuing to interact with our website and emails, you provide us with permission to manage and use your data as described above.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EMAILS
You can opt out of receiving email communications at any time by clicking the “Manage Subscription” link found in the footer of all of our emails.
THE DATA AND COOKIES THAT THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND PARTNERS COLLECT
Some of the ads appearing on GetSocialClub.com are delivered to you by our web advertising partners. Information about your visit to their site, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you.
Some of our advertisers may serve you cookies as well. If you don’t want cookies, your web browser likely includes an option that allows you to not accept them. More information about disabling/deleting cookies can be found here: allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html
Please note that without cookies you may not be able to cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as targeted advertising opt-outs. You can find out more about cookies and how they work here: allaboutcookies.org.
3rd Party Partners
GetSocialClub.com partners with top bars, restaurants, and 3rd party brands to provide you with exclusive promotions and discounts. Here are some ways we may share data with our partners:
- Venue Partners. Bars and Restaurant partners will have access to non-personally identifiable data for their venue, including drink or promotional redemption records, as well as general demographic data.
- 3rd Party Sponsors. 3rd Party Brand Sponsors will have access to non-personally identifiable data for any GetSocialClub.com members elect to participate in a particular promotional campaign for the campaign period. For certain campaigns, GetSocialClub.com members may be offered a chance to opt-in to 3rd Party email list at the member’s discretion.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES; DO NOT TRACK (DNT)
- Cookies/Local Device Storage. The Service will at times place and/or store code or other types of information and/or software on your Device or within your browser, such as cookies (including flash cookies), locally shared objects, and HTML5 (collectively, “Local Device Storage”). We and Third Party Providers may use Local Device Storage in connection with the Service for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to determine whether you have seen a particular advertisement before on the same or different Device and to otherwise control the display of ads, to track the movements of individual users through the Service and elsewhere on the web or across apps, devices, and geographic locations, to help diagnose problems with servers, to gather broad demographic information, to conduct research, to deliver editorial Content, to record registration and personalization information, and to otherwise administer the Service. Local Device Storage may also collect and store your PII, which may be shared with our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and other third parties.
- You May Disable Local Device Storage. If you do not want Local Device Storage, your Device or browser may include an option that allows you to not accept it. However, if you disable Local Device Storage, some portions of the Service may not function properly.
- Tracking Technologies. In addition to Local Device Storage, we may use web beacons, web bugs, internet or pixel tags, clear gifs, digital fingerprinting (aka “Machine Identification”) and similar technologies (collectively, together with Local Device Storage, the “Tracking Technologies”) on the Service and in our communications with you, such as within e-mail and text messages and push notifications. We use Tracking Technologies to determine which of our messages have been opened by recipients, and for all or some of the same lawful business purposes we describe above for use of Local Device Storage.
- Do Not Track (DNT). Your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” (DNT) signal to websites and online services that you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what DNT means in this context, and some browsers automatically apply DNT signals by default and therefore do not necessarily reflect our visitors’ choice as to whether they wish to receive advertisements tailored to their interests. As a result, like many websites and online services, we do not alter our practices when the Service receives a DNT signal from a visitor’s browser. As discussed below, you may opt out of the use of your Data for online behavioral advertising by third parties at any time. To find out more about DNT, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
HOW TO TURN OFF PERSONALIZED (TARGETED) ADVERTISING
To opt out of personalized content and advertising, you can do so through the Network Advertising Initiative (optout.networkadvertising.org) and Digital Advertising Alliance (optout.aboutads.info) Some of the third-party advertising companies run on the website may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (networkadvertising.org).
GetSocialClub.com is intended for use by adults of legal drinking age. Legal drinking age is defined as the age at which one is legally allowed to buy and drink alcohol in their location of residence. For example, in Germany, the legal drinking age is 18 years old and above. GetSocialClub.com is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13, or anyone under legal drinking age. No one under age 13 is allowed to use the site, provide any personal information or receive our email distributions. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before viewing the website. If we learn that a user is below legal drinking age, we will promptly delete any accounts and all personal information that has been provided to us.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
GetSocialClub.com may create links allowing you to access third-party sites. GetSocialClub.com is not responsible for the content that appears on those sites and does not endorse these sites. Please read those sites’ individual privacy policies to see how they’ll use your data.
MODIFICATION TO THIS POLICY
Please send all emails to: [email protected]
Your SocialClub Team