Inspired by the movie Cocktail by Tom Cruise, Hüseyin Kirac decided to try the world of bartending. With extensive skills and highly praised competence , Kirac has been the talk of the town for every show he did. His advice for young aspiring bartenders: Find a good bar, look for people and watch where life takes you!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. When and why did you decide to work as a bartender and what do you love most about your job?
My name is Hüseyin. In 1998, I started working as a bartender as I was inspired with the movie by Tom Cruise called “Cocktail.
2. What was your funniest moment as a bartender?
A customer has burned his lip while drinking a B52.
3. What is your favourite drink and why? What is your last creation?
Your Answer: Long Island Bull is my favourite drink because the ingredients harmonize perfectly together and give a truly refreshing taste. When I finished 2nd in the International Germany Cocktail Cup, I made my homemade cocktail called “Ciel-Rouge” That was my last creation.
4. What is the best bar you have ever been and why?
My favourite is Enchilada because they have a large counter where you have plenty of room for a show. There are also many spectators.
5. Where do you get your inspirations from? Is there a person and why?
I had a boss who was a bartender and organized shows and from him I had all my inspiration and at some point I started myself with it.
6. What is your advice for someone who wants to work as a bartender?
My advice: Find a good bar, look for people and watch where life takes you!
7. Whiskey or Gin?
Image: Hüseyin Kirac